Hello Guest

Are The Red Arrows now all MODE S equipped.

• 4 Replies

Are The Red Arrows now all MODE S equipped.
« on: June 14, 2013, 03:03:57 AM »
Can anyone tel me now if The Reds are now MODE S equipped as as still under the impression it was just the leaders aircraft that is only MODE S equppied.I have jeard from a close mate that works at Scampton that they are all now MODE S equppied.The thing is will they all show on planeplotter on Lists and Maps or again just the leaders aircraft x8.

Phil Chippenham Wiltshire

satcom

Re: Are The Red Arrows now all MODE S equipped.
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 07:26:04 AM »
Hi Phil

Can't comment about the whole team , but Red 7 was showing on PP Mlat yesterday for quite a while to the east of Coningsby
It wouldnt make sense for all a/c to send Mode S during a display , but we may well find that at least one will now squit during transit flights.

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 10:06:03 AM »
Cheers Mr Sat com.Have you idea what the reg number is for Red 7 if you say that particular one is Mode S if not I have a contact who can get the reg number for me that works on base at Scampton.just that it can give me some sort of an idea when they are up and I can see them in transit etc on the program as I will set a flashing alert for that particular Hawk.Thank you greatly all the same for the information you have given me so far with regards to this much appreciated indeed.

Phil Chippenham Wiltshire

satcom

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2013, 10:18:02 AM »
I am pretty sure its XX242

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 04:14:59 PM »

Normal procedure for a formation is for the lead to operate his transponder and the rest of the formation remain on standby so you will only see one.