It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

Author Topic: RadarBox24.com Web based ADS-B Tracking - Photos  (Read 9834 times)

DanRadarSpotters

• Administrator
  • Air Chf Mshl
Re: RadarBox24.com Web based ADS-B Tracking - Photos
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 04:39:08 PM »
Guest, register to remove these adverts!
Let's be fair here. The website hasn't been even been released.

Brian

• Air Chf Mshl
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 04:51:13 PM »
It was released to the beta team(s) and on other websites.

These could be the beta testers for Radarbox24.com  (customers? = beta testers?)

"there has already been details of this project released through other means that some customers are aware off,"
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7103.msg84132#msg84132
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 04:56:58 PM by Brian »

Southwest

• Airnav Radarbox
  • AVM
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 09:28:57 AM »

Be Fair Dan, are you having a laugh?

Air Navs customers have been patient for many things over many years.  I'm sorry mate but being fair to Air Nav is no longer an option.  We are sick and tired of reading excuses and lies spouted by Air Nav and it's products and Snr B needs to man up and get it sorted once and for all.

DanRadarSpotters

• Administrator
  • Air Chf Mshl
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 03:22:42 PM »

Be Fair Dan, are you having a laugh?

Air Navs customers have been patient for many things over many years.  I'm sorry mate but being fair to Air Nav is no longer an option.  We are sick and tired of reading excuses and lies spouted by Air Nav and it's products and Snr B needs to man up and get it sorted once and for all.

How can you rate a car before you have test driven it? How can your give you opinion on a music album until you have listen to it? How can you give an opinion on a piece of software when you haven't used it? You can't.

Deano2

• Sqn Ldr
  • ???????????
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 03:55:17 PM »
If a car has a bad reputation you would think twice about its latest Model.
If you listen to a band and they are crap the next album is highly unlikey to be a number one.
So based on track record I think I will carry on with PP & FR24 for a network!

Any one want a Moskavitch?

Back and happy

DanRadarSpotters

• Administrator
  • Air Chf Mshl
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 04:00:44 PM »
  ;D

DaveReid

• MRAF
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 04:03:42 PM »
I'm perfectly happy to give RadarBox24.com the benefit of the doubt.  It may turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread, indeed it will have to be if it's to have a hope of competing with the free networks like flightRadar24.com, PlanePlotter, MMS2, etc.

But however good (or otherwise) it turns out to be, it's completely irrelevant to the average RadarBox user who has been waiting patiently for literally years for the outstanding bugs to be fixed, and a huge waste of resources that could otherwise have had RB 4.04 released by now.

Bread and circuses, smoke and mirrors, snake oil ...
Definitely and conclusively not associated in any way, shape or form with AirNav or Kinetic.

Southwest

• Airnav Radarbox
  • AVM
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 04:11:10 PM »
I wouldn't dream of driving a car if it was made by Air Nav, if they made music, it would sound like Radiohead and as for their software, don't get me started.

This project is doomed for one reason. FR24 and Planefinder are providing this information already for FREE, my guess is that Air Nav will charge to generate revenue.  I would have to be a halfwit businessman if I was to produce something very similar and expect it to succeed and be a complete moron if I was to charge for it.  Mind you, Ship Trax has been a roaring success, hasn't it! ::)

Danny - You can defend Air Nav all you like, you must have a good reason for doing it but a lot of Radarbox users are fed up with the whole situation.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 04:12:57 PM by Southwest »

DanRadarSpotters

• Administrator
  • Air Chf Mshl
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 04:41:06 PM »
The point still remains: the software hasn't been released so unless anyone has inside information then it's idle speculation.

I'm defending an attack on a non existent piece of software, software that hasn't been released yet. If another product was getting criticism before they had even released their software, I'd make the same point.

I'm thinking that the website will be similar to existing websites, no charge.Income? Perhaps advertising based or just a venue to display their existing products?

Brian

• Air Chf Mshl
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 05:01:25 PM »
Just remember the last beta URL for RadarBox24 was available to anyone for over 1 month (July 21 till August 29), or longer. 
It was only changed after it was posted on few forums.
I know DaveReid had a good chance to review the site. 
Some other users had a chance to look at RB24 for 1 month in time to make their judgements.

coupe

• AVM
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 05:17:21 PM »
I looked at the beta and I thought it was done just as well as the others. More of the same, oh boy!

But let me say this: I don't really like google maps. No wait, I hate google maps!

If google maybe had high charts and low charts as an option (In the USA the IFR flying is enhanced with the high and low charts) and the contrast could be adjusted = win.

http://vfrmap.com/?type=vfrc&lat=40.777&lon=-73.873&zoom=10

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 05:29:24 PM by coupe »

DaveReid

• MRAF
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 08:09:31 PM »
The point still remains: the software hasn't been released so unless anyone has inside information then it's idle speculation.

I'm thinking that the website will be similar to existing websites, no charge. Income? Perhaps advertising based or just a venue to display their existing products?

On the other hand, that could be just idle speculation.   :D
Definitely and conclusively not associated in any way, shape or form with AirNav or Kinetic.

DanRadarSpotters

• Administrator
  • Air Chf Mshl
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 08:12:56 PM »
True  :D

DaveReid

• MRAF
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 08:30:09 AM »
It seems the promised September release data for the promised "RadarBox Related Project" has now gone out of the window:

"Development is still going on and you will [sic] the results in just a few weeks".

And, just in case anyone was mistakenly thinking that it was a reference to bug-fixes:

"We are not talking about a renewed RadarBox Windows Client software but we didn't forget it too."

I assume they mean "we didn't forget it either", unless we're witnessing the start of a new era of Airnav openness and mea culpa.   :D

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=7206.msg84341#msg84341

CoastGuardJon

• Flt Lt
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2012, 10:10:22 PM »
There's another thing about AN that really p...s me off, their lack of good grammar, spelling and comprehension of the english language, but I've always given them the benefit of the doubt, in that english may not be their first language.   There have been instances of them saying the opposite of what they meant, but the downright lies are the worst thing, and there's been no shortage of these.